Saturday 12 January 2019

Free Chapter―Professor M.S. Rao’s Book “Self-Care: Stay Younger and Live Longer”





Dear friends,

I am excited to share with you that I co-authored a book on health and wealth and it is tentatively titled, “Stay Younger and Live Longer: The Secrets to Achieve Great Health, Wealth and Happiness!” Here are the details about the book with a free chapter. I would appreciate if you could share your thoughts about this book on social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.

About The Book
"He who is of a calm and happy nature will hardly feel the pressure of age, but to him who is of an opposite disposition, youth and age are equally a burden." —Plato

This book shares the authors’ years of experiences in health, fitness, food, nutrition, cooking, and beauty. It explains various aspects of physical fitness, health and wealth. It outlines research findings and offers tools and techniques to achieve fitness and health. It concludes to take care of your health to lead a pleasant, peaceful, happy and meaningful life.

This is a book on life leadership outlining health, wealth, nutrition, fitness, and beauty and is written from the practitioners' perspective. You can easily toss the book into a briefcase or purse and read here and there as time allows. It is a quick reference guide for all learners, leaders, and trainers.   


“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly. There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.” ―Gautama Buddha

Throughout my life, I cared for my health and enjoyed going to the gym regularly. When I was 15 years old, I started to run since my dream was to join the Indian Air Force and serve my nation. Although I was underweight and short in height with health issues including asthma I went to a nearby playground and ran regularly to achieve physical fitness as per the requirements of the military. Through my hard work and persistence, I achieved basic fitness and joined the Indian Air Force when I was 19 years old. After joining I underwent rigorous military training and improved my height a little bit and achieved my physical fitness. Whenever and wherever I had an opportunity I went to the gym in the Indian Air Force units to do the workout. After leaving the service, I continued going to the gym regularly. So I am basically a fitness freak and a health conscious person. I joined as a faculty in an educational institution to shape students as leaders. I acquired my Ph.D. in soft skills in 2011 and became a professor. I started to author books after I became a faculty member and continued authoring books because I got a positive response from my publishers and readers. I published 45 books in various categories including personality development, success, gender, learning, leadership, and executive coaching. One day, when I was going to the gym an idea flashed in my mind to author a book on health and fitness. I believed that I am the right person to author a book of this genre to benefit readers. Subsequently, my wife, Padmavathy came on board as she is an image consultant, a beautician and an expert chef. We included those aspects also. Now the book is in your hands outlining health, wealth, food, nutrition, cooking and beauty. Welcome to Self-Care: Stay Younger and Live Longer. 


Healthy Lifestyle

A healthy lifestyle is essential to lead a happy and exciting life. The rapid growth in technology has thrown threats and opportunities to the humankind. It has connected humans globally and brought comforts to them. At the same time, it has thrown health challenges to humans including anxiety and depression. Therefore, there is an urgent need to emphasize a healthy lifestyle to ensure the happiness and progress of the human race in the right direction.

A healthy lifestyle includes eating sensibly with the right foods in the right proportions, exercising your body, associating with positive people, adding value to you and making a difference in the lives of others. In fact, there are three symptoms of good health such as good appetite, sound sleep, and free motion. If people possess them, they are leading a healthy life. Here are some tips in your arsenal to lead a healthy lifestyle.
  • Express your gratitude early morning when you get up from the bed and take feedback every day before you go to bed.
  • Take proper care about your body. Eat right. Exercise every day. Sleep adequately.
  • Eat with your family members. Avoid gadgets and television viewing while eating. Chew food properly to ensure effective digestion. Avoid taking excessive salt because it can cause strokes and heart attacks.
  • Acquire a positive, right and strong attitude. Surround with positive people. Spread positivity. Inspire the people around you. Add value to others.
  • Set short-term and long-term goals. Focus on them clearly. Be productive, patient and persistent. 
  • Follow your passion. Acquire new skills and abilities. Read great books. Read one book in a week.
  • Create multiple sources of income to achieve financial stability and security. 
  • Be frugal, but don’t be cheap. Save for a rainy day.
  • Avoid carrying emotional baggage.
  • Use technology wisely. Shed outdated technology and wed modern technology. Avoid information overload.
  • Maintain a gratitude journal and express your gratitude every day.
  • Be simple, humble, and noble.


Lead Your Life on Four Pillars

To summarize, eat right. Exercise regularly. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. Sleep 8 hours every day. Work 8 hours five days a week. Connect with your family members emotionally. Travel to unwind. Follow your passion. Pursue a hobby. Participate in nonprofits. Add value to others to build a better world. Make a difference. Pass on your baton to the next generation. Leave your legacy. To conclude, lead your life based on four pillars—health, wealth, love, and happiness to provide meaning and leave your legacy.

Note: Here is the link to purchase my bestselling book ‘21 Success Sutras for CEOs: How Global CEOs Overcome Leadership Challenges in Turbulent Times to Build Good to Great Organizations’ http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Ceos-Rao/dp/162865290X


Life is great!

Professor M.S. Rao
Founder of MSR Leadership Consultants India




Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.


Copyright©2019 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.


This is a nonprofit blog to share Professor M.S. Rao’s passion and vision to build one million students as global leaders by 2030. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.com.  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.


No comments:

Post a Comment