Saturday 29 February 2020

How do You Turn an Enemy into a Friend? ― Share if You Care!






The title of this blog appears impossible right!  Abraham Lincoln is my inspiration since my childhood. It is a coincidence that I also encountered several failures in my life since childhood. Additionally, I have been struggling since my childhood for my survival and success. I am optimistic that one day will be my day when I will be remembered for my contributions globally. When I was reading a book recently, I came across Lincoln’s quote of destroying enemies. So, to experiment, I phoned one of my friends who became my enemy for the last 5 years. We stopped our communication due to some reasons. Initially, he was not receptive to my telephone call. I called him many times to talk to him over the phone. Finally, he attended my telephone call. I began recalling our childhood where we studied and traveled together for more than four decades. He was slightly moved with our childhood memories and opened up gradually. I dedicated a book to him in the past but I never informed him about it. I wanted to gift the book to him at an appropriate time. I decided to blog on this topic to enable the readers to take away something.


Tools to Convert Enemies into Friends

If there is any miscommunication, talk straight to clear it. Identify if anybody involved in the miscommunication. Clear everything when you want to build the bridges. To maintain healthy relations, always verify the facts before jumping into conclusions. If you feel that you have made a mistake, apologize sincerely. We, humans, are emotional animals and get carried away by emotions rather than logic. So, check your emotions, think logically where things went wrong to connect with enemies. Remember that emotions can be used for both positive and negative things. Here are some tools to convert your enemies into friends. Don’t talk about the unpleasant past. Emphasize recalling positive aspects of life. Remind the past highlighting the sweet memories. The best way to visit the past is to talk to your friends about your past pleasant life. Be a giver. Don’t expect anything from your friends. Talk about their parents and the present challenges. Remind how life has transformed quickly. Bond with him. Talk about the rapid changes in society and the value system that has changed. Remind how the technology connected people although people live in long distant areas. Emphasize commonalities, ignore differences. Express your gratitude. Be thankful for the great things done to you. Look at the door that is opened, not the closed one.


Conclusion

Remember that the past cannot be brought back and the future cannot be predicted. So, learn to live in the present. Enjoy the journey of your life. Nobody knows what happens next. Life is a gift. You can never travel the same path twice. So, convert your enemies into friends by forgetting the unpleasant past and forgiving the mistakes. Remember that we all make mistakes in life. Nobody is perfect. To conclude, make your life great by converting your enemies into friends.

Reference


Share if you care!





Life is great!

Professor M.S. Rao
Founder of MSR Leadership Consultants, India


Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.


Copyright©2020 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is a nonprofit blog to share Professor M.S. Rao’s passion and vision to build one million students as global leaders by 2030. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.com.  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.

1 comment: