Wednesday 18 October 2017

Make Your Decision Wisely while Buying Your Dream Home/Apartment



“Real estate cannot be lost or stolen, nor can it be carried away. Purchased with common sense, paid for in full, and managed with reasonable care, it is about the safest investment in the world.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt


We make several decisions in life. Unfortunately, some of them fail while some succeed. Despite rich experience, intelligence and availability of information, people fail due to external distractions and disturbances. At times it raises doubts in people whether something is wrong with their decision-making. In this post, I will share my experiences while buying my dream home.

I stay in a single bedroom flat since I hail from a lower middle-class family. Most people think that I belong to an aristocratic or affluent background by looking at my profile on social media. In fact, I was born in a poor family and rose from humble origins without regular education. Fortunately, a piece of land I bought more than a decade ago appreciated and I utilized some of the money for my younger son’s overseas education. I decided to own a flat with the balance little money. However, I encountered several challenges such as wrong agents who pressurized me to buy the property. Some agents showed only two or three properties and pressurized me to buy. They did not show me more properties when I requested. When I clearly told my budget and location, they showed properties with legal litigations to trap me. Since I have the habit of gathering information from multiple sources before making decisions, I found them to be with irregularities and litigations. Some brokers pressurized me to buy property through their connections and by influencing my connections. But I did not succumb to such pressure tactics. In some cases, when I decided to buy property it was grabbed by other buyers. In some cases, brokers presented me wrong picture about the prices. When I enquired sellers through direct negotiations, I came to know that they did not fall within my budget. Likewise, I encountered several challenges to buy my dream flat.


Dos and Don’ts When You Buy Your Dream Home

“Find out where the people are going and buy the land before they get there.” —William Penn Adair

It is the dream of most people to own a flat or apartment in their lifetime. There are many precautions the buyers must take before buying property from sellers. There are lots of formalities and techniques involved in buying your dream home. Making a wise decision is key to own your flat. And making decision is not an easy one as your mind wanders from time to time depending on the available opportunities and the fluctuating prices. There are many channels involved in buying your apartment. Usually there is an agent or broker between the seller and the buyer. If you get a genuine agent who can serve as a bridge between the seller and buyer to clinch the deal with a win-win, you can accomplish your lifetime dream to buy your flat or home.  Here are some dos and don’ts to observe while buying your dream home:
  • Do research about the prospective areas for appreciation and good neighborhood.
  • Ensure that you have a good neighborhood to lead a pleasant and peaceful life.  
  • Check for quality of construction. Ensure that the builder complied with the rules and regulations and there is no deviation from the given plan to avoid paying any penalties to the authorities.
  • Look for communication and transportation facilities.
  • Look for legal aspects.


Make Your Decision Wisely

“You can’t have everything you want, but you can have the things that really matter to you.” — Marissa Mayer

When you want to buy your dream home there are certain factors that prevent you from moving forward such as fear of unknown, new location, finance, your emotional connection to the present house and concerns about the new neighborhood to name a few. If you accept the fact that change is the only thing constant in this world, you will take things in your stride to move forward aggressively to your new home with happiness and joy.

Make your decision based on your head, heart and gut. Don’t be sentimental and emotional. Wait for some time if thing don’t fall into place. Remember that everything happens for a reason. Buying your dream home requires patience and perseverance. Take a little longer time to buy your dream home as it is a lifetime investment. There are several costs involved while shifting your home. Hence, take all precautions and steps before buying your dream home and shifting into it.  Good luck!


“If you don’t own a home, buy one. If you own a home, buy another one. If you own two homes, buy a third.” — John Paulson, Hedge Fund Manager and billionaire




If you like this article, Like and share Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414




Life is great!

Professor M.S.Rao
Founder of MSR Leadership Consultants India




Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.



Copyright©2017 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.


This is a nonprofit blog to share Professor M.S.Rao’s passion and vision to build one million students as global leaders by 2030. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in.  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment