Thursday 19 May 2016

Professor M.S.Rao is Judge for Small Business Book Awards 2016









"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing.” ― Benjamin Franklin


I serve as an Advisor and Board Member for various international bodies including Global Leadership Awards Committee, Malaysia URL:  http://globalleadershipawards.com/HTML/judges.html, Middle East Business Leaders Summits & Awards, Dubai URL: http://www.meblsa.com/judges.html  and as a Judge for Small Business Book Awards, USA http://bookawards.smallbiztrends.com.  I also serve on the editorial boards of various prestigious international journals including Development and Learning in Organizations (DLO), Industrial and Commercial Training (ICT) of Emerald, U.K and The Journal of Value Based Leadership, USA. I serve as a book reviewer for Human Resource Management International Digest (HRMID) Emerald, U.K.

Small Business Book Awards gives away awards for the best book in each category every year and, as I judge, I got list of books one week ago with links to read and judge. Since I am passionate about learning, I take reading various books seriously. As a judge, I read them meticulously to choose the best books. Here is the process I adopted to choose the best books as winners in each category:

First, I read the titles of all the books. Second, I read their synopsis to understand the books that really contains and conveys message to the readers. I have read the comments, likes and shares of those books on the website link http://bookawards.smallbiztrends.com.  Third, I further opened the soft copy of the books to understand the content and presentation. Fourth, I clicked the online links for those books to understand the rank in sales in each category and their overall ranks. I read the quality of endorsements by eminent thinkers and authors, if any. I read the reviews the book received from the readers. Firth, I shortlisted the best books in each category. I have read the books in each category for their quality of presentation, uniqueness and the value they have added to the readers. Finally, I have chosen one book in each category as the winner for the year 2016.

The process of selection is very challenging, and I feel it is the best possible way to shortlist the best books within the shortest time to enable the best books to be the winners.  I found most of the books are good. Hence, I found it very challenging to choose the best.

I thoroughly enjoyed the process of selecting the best book. I learnt many things from this process. I acquired knowledge in my area of interest. I understood the latest developments and the way presentation in books is changing globally. It was a great privilege to serve as a judge for Small Business Book Awards. I decided to share it with my readers as the knowledge grows when shared.


“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” ― St. Augustine




If you like this article, Like and share Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414




Life is great!

Professor M.S.Rao, India
Founder of MSR Leadership Consultants India
Recipient of 10th International Prestigious Sandra Patel Award―2015




Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.



Copyright©2016 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is a nonprofit blog to share Professor M.S.Rao’s passion and vision to build one million students as global leaders by 2030. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in.  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment