Friday 27 November 2015

Free Sample Chapter ― Professor M.S.Rao’s Award-Winning Book “Sharing Knowledge on Career, Leadership and Success: Improve Your Attitude and Personality to Excel as a Leader”









Dear friends,

Here is the sample chapter of my award-winning book, “Sharing Knowledge on Career, Leadership and Success: Improve Your Attitude and Personality to Excel as a Leader” (ISBN: 978-93-84872-26-7) (Laxmi Publications Pvt. Ltd) Dr. Soumitra Dutta, the Dean, Samuel Cutis Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University wrote foreword for this book. Here is the link to buy this book: .  You may share your thoughts about this book on social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+. Also, I appreciate a review on your blogs, websites, Amazon or other online bookseller sites.  


Dream to Achieve Great Success

“The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Welcome to Sharing Knowledge on Career, Leadership and Success: Improve Your Attitude and Personality to Excel as a Leader!  During my leadership development training programs the participants me ask a number of questions.  In fact, I encourage my audiences to raise questions and I enjoy responding to their questions with passion. I have the practice of jotting their questions at the end of each session. I convert them into articles and save for my future training programs. In this book, I share various aspects on career, success, and leadership apart from ideas and insights on my personal and professional life. It will help you acquire breadth of knowledge in various aspects in your life to achieve an amazing success in your life.


Knowledge Grows When Shared

“Sharing will enrich everyone with more knowledge.” ― Ana Monnar, Cuban-born, founder of Readers Are Leaders U.S.A.

I am a continuous learner since childhood and I enjoy sharing my knowledge with people around me. I strongly believe that people must acquire knowledge continuously and share with others constantly to build a better society. Hence, I created three blogs for three kinds of audiences to share my knowledge. I created the blog ‘Where Knowledge is Wealth’ - URL http://profmsr.blogspot.com for general readers;  ‘Knowledge Grows When Shared’- URL http://professormsraoguru.blogspot.com  for educators; and ‘Professor M.S.Rao Born for the Students’ URL http://professormsrao.blogspot.com  for students to accomplish my lifetime vision to build one million students as global leaders by 2030.

Whenever ideas pop up in my mind I jot down them as I have the habit of carrying a notebook and pen with me. I work on those ideas during my leisure time and write articles and post them on my three blogs depending on the type of audience the message should reach. It gives me an immense satisfaction that I am sharing my knowledge and building a better society.  Also, whenever I get an opportunity I enjoy sharing my knowledge with participants during my training programs. I strongly believe that knowledge should not stay in one place.  If water stays in one place, it stinks. Similarly, if knowledge remains with one individual, it doesn’t serve anybody. Hence, water must flow, and knowledge must be shared.  


Dream versus Daydream

Some people dream while some daydream and both have pros and cons. The dream has more pros while the daydream has more cons. It is a well-admitted fact that everyone wants to achieve success in this world. However, a few people dream and many daydream. In fact, what is essential is to dream more to achieve more success in life. Here is the difference between the dream and the daydream.

Dream is the one that doesn’t allow you to sleep. It enhances your inspiration to accomplish great things in your life. In contrast, daydream is a mere fantasy and beating around the bush in an imaginative world without any outcome. Although daydreaming is good in some aspects it is bad in many aspects especially when you want to achieve success in life. 

Daydreaming is a state of undisciplined mind which is often attributed with laziness. At the same time, some of the scientists are daydreamers who used it productively to unlock their creativity. Research shows that people who are in creative careers such as composers, novelists and filmmakers daydream to develop new ideas.  For instance, Thomas Edison used daydreaming for his creative work. Dr Jonathan Schooler, psychologist at the University of California once remarked, “For creativity you need your mind to wander but you also need to be able to notice that you’re mind wandering and catch the idea when you have it. If Archimedes had come up with a solution in the bathtub but didn’t notice he’d had the idea, what good would it have done him?” That means people from creative careers daydreamed and tapped their ideas for invention and execution.


Ken and Ben ― A Story on Dream versus Daydream

Here is an inspiring and striking story of two Indian students. Ken and Ben were good brothers who loved each other.  Ken always dreamed and worked very hard to accomplish his goals. He was committed and dedicated. Whatever the task was assigned to him, he did with excellence. He was highly ambitious and focused. He wanted to pursue his higher education ― Master of Science (MS) in America after completion of his engineering education in India. He started working hard and scored higher marks and grades. He passed in the tests in India to get an entry for higher education in America. He got scholarship to pursue MS in America. In contrast, his brother Ben always daydreamed without any focus on studies. He mostly lived in his imaginative world rather than in the realistic world. As a result, he failed academically. Finally, he realized that daydream doesn’t work and started working hard academically. Ben cleared his backlogs of exams in his engineering education and managed to acquire his engineering degree. He finally settled for higher education in India. From this story, it is obvious that to dream is good, and to daydream is bad.

Here is the difference between Ken and Ben.  Ken had a stable mind while Ben had an unstable mind. Ken foresaw the future while Ben realized it later. Ken worked with focus while Ben had a wavering mind. The only solace is that Ben realized his mistake and fell in the academic track quickly to achieve success in life.  Do you like to be Ken or Ben? The answer is obvious that everyone likes to be Ken.  

To dream is good, to aim high is great. But laziness and lack of focus are the biggest enemies to success which are often associated with daydream.  Hence, dream but don’t daydream to achieve great success to provide meaning to your life.


I Play three Roles in a Day Like Lord Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva

My typical day starts with waking up at 3 A.M. I start the day by taking one liter of water. I drink lots of water throughout the day to fuel my body and enhance my energy levels. I author books on leadership, executive education and executive coaching and my lifetime vision is to build one million Indian students as global leaders by 2030. I enjoy total tranquility and my creative juices start flowing. At around 5 A.M my wife Padmavathy wakes up and gives me warm water to drink, honey along with a few cashew nuts, almonds, dates and walnuts. Subsequently she brings milk and I enjoy drinking and writing. Around 6 A.M I go for a walk and then hit gym. I have been doing it for the last 35 years when I was 15 years old. After I return from gym, I read three newspapers, take bath, pray to Sun God and offer prayers to God.  I take breakfast which is mostly salad or South Indian Idli or Dosa. I provide training programs, if there are any. I enjoy spending my quality time with my students and followers to share my knowledge. Otherwise, I read books on leadership and executive education which are my areas of interests. I take lunch on time. I read quality books to acquire knowledge, associate with good people to keep my mind healthy and eat home food to keep my body healthy. I am basically a home bird. In the evening, I take fruits and plan for the next day. I also remove unwanted and irrelevant information from my mind and from the computer system.

Precisely, I am the creator in the early morning like Lord Brahma as I author books; up to night, I am the generator like Lord Vishnu where I acquire knowledge; and I am the destroyer like Lord Shiva in the night as I delete unwanted information and irrelevant individuals from my mind. Hence, I play three roles in a day to make a difference to the world. 

In the following chapters, I will share with you various aspects of career, success and leadership to grow as a successful professional and leader.

"The key to happiness is having dreams; the key to success is making them come true." ―James Allen

References
Sharing Knowledge on Career, Leadership and Success: Improve Your Attitude and Personality to Excel as a Leader (ISBN: 978-93-84872-26-7) (Laxmi Publications Pvt. Ltd)





Life is great!

Professor M.S.Rao, India
Founder of MSR Leadership Consultants India
Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Vision 2030 Webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBCO-gWmTRk
Twitter: @professormsrao  
21 Success Sutras for Leaders: Top 10 Leadership Books of the Year (San Diego University) Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Leaders-ebook/dp/B00AK98ELI




Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.



Copyright©2015 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is a nonprofit blog to share Professor M.S.Rao’s passion and vision to build one million students as global leaders by 2030. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in.  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.

1 comment: