Saturday 17 October 2015

“My Bitter Experience with Private Engineering Colleges in the Telangana State” ―Professor M.S.Rao










“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them.” ― George Bernard Shaw


Wherever I worked in private engineering colleges in the state of Telangana, several students asked me the same question, “With such a global profile, why are you working in this college, Sir?” Initially I responded to many students. Gradually I started smiling without giving any response when this question was posed to me repeatedly by several students in various colleges.

My experience with private engineering colleges in Hyderabad was horrible. No professionalism, no ethics, and no proper system and mechanism. I survived in these colleges due to my emotional intelligence which I acquired from Indian Air Force. I served in these unprofessional colleges as I was passionate about students and shaping them as great global citizens. It did not matter whether I worked in substandard educational institutions or unprofessional educational institutions. What mattered me was sharing my knowledge with students. Initially when several students questioned me for working in such low profile colleges with such a great global profile, I replied them that the profile of these colleges didn’t matter me to serve students. What mattered me was sharing my knowledge with students. I lived by that principle throughout and shared my knowledge with students. I am happy to share with you that I have been gifted with great students from these unprofessional educational institutions. I am proud to say that I have made a difference to them, and created my own fan base wherever I served in these private engineering colleges in Telangana. This is the only bonus.

It was a bitter experience working in an unhealthy ambience without any professionalism and lack of ethics and etiquette. I tried my level best to reform the educational institutions wherever I worked but subsequently I confined myself to shaping students as better citizens than reforming these unprofessional colleges.

Wherever I worked, I maintained my own healthy zone to interact with a few likeminded intellectuals to recharge myself. I maintained safe distance from unhealthy people to keep my intellectual curiosity alive and kicking. I captured my thoughts and put them into writings and blogged them regularly. In this way, I utilized my time for the benefit of students wherever I served. I counseled the students who approached me for career guidance. I also gifted books to students with my own money. I dedicated books to them and gifted them to make a positive difference in students.

Wherever I served, I enjoyed in the company of students but felt often bad about working in unprofessional colleges.  But I had no alternative but choosing the best out of the worst. My vision was to shape students as healthy citizens and global leaders. In this way, I am happy that I made a significant difference to students. But it is unfortunate that no educational institution has added value to my CV. Only one institution that converted me from a boy to a man; added immense value to my CV; and shaped my personality is Indian Air Force. I love this prestigious organization and I am grateful to it for what I am today.

Stedman Graham once remarked, "People who consider themselves victims of their circumstances will always remain victims unless they develop a greater vision for their lives."  To conclude, don’t blame institutions and individuals around you. You must choose the best out of the worst. You must create a healthy climate based on your value system to contribute your best to grow and build leaders around you. Remember, it is the bad tradesman who blames his tools and it is the wise tradesman who works with what he has, and from where he is.


“We are not creatures of circumstances, we are the creators of circumstance” ―Disraeli

Good luck!


If you like this article, Like and share Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414




Life is great!

Professor M.S.Rao, India
Founder of MSR Leadership Consultants India
Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Vision 2030 Webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBCO-gWmTRk
Twitter: @professormsrao  
21 Success Sutras for Leaders: Top 10 Leadership Books of the Year (San Diego University) Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Leaders-ebook/dp/B00AK98ELI




Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.



Copyright©2015 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is a nonprofit blog to share Professor M.S.Rao’s passion and vision to build one million students as global leaders by 2030. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in.  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.

1 comment:

  1. A very though provoking and inspiring story!

    It is true that there are some owners of private engineering colleges in Hyderabad who are cheats and rogues. They cheat the intellectuals and employees by not giving salaries to the leaving employees. We must clean the education system. You are a very daring personality who is ready to voice your views boldly.

    It is essential to build a national movement by exposing the erring engineering colleges.
    I am forwarding this article to my connections. I will be very happy if others also share with their connections to build a national movement.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete