Thursday 22 January 2015

Dear Students, Grow as Global Leaders to Encounter Leadership Challenges and Bridge the Global Leadership Deficit – Professor M.S.Rao





“The highest destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule.” – Albert Einstein.


Recently I was interviewed by an eminent newspaper about my Vision 2030: One Million Global Leaders URL: http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in/2014/12/professor-m-s-raos-vision-2030-one_31.html  I was asked how I got the idea to create this vision and the need to train only students as global leaders by 2030.

I served in Indian Air Force due to love towards my nation and passion for uniform. I served for some years and acquired several qualifications including DME, BSc, MA, PGDCLL, PGDBM, and MBA. After I left Indian Air Force, I pursued research and earned my PhD in Soft Skills in 2011.  I led a painful life both in defence and civil as I was born into a poor family and encountered innumerable challenges in my personal, professional and social life. While serving in Indian Air Force I acquired knowledge on leadership as military makes the best leaders due to the kind of tough training soldiers receive and the kind of unique challenges they encounter both during war and peace. Hence, I developed passion for leadership. While in Indian Air Force, I did not like the way things were happening in India where we find unscrupulous politicians dividing society in the name of region, religion, caste, and communities. Additionally, lots of money goes into the private coffers of politicians rather than reaching to the poor people in India. I was very much disturbed with the conditions in the Indian society. In fact, corruption has become a cancer to the Indian society. Hence, I thought of training leaders with a global mindset so that they can develop the nation, promote fraternity and work for global peace and prosperity.

After leaving the service, I entered into teaching profession as educational institutions are the ideal places to shape students and equip them with leadership skills and abilities. Second, I focused on students as they are in teenage and they can be molded easily as leaders the way military takes the young people and grooms them as soldiers and leaders. I started getting overwhelming support from students as they were inspired during my teaching and training programs in educational institutions. Students loved me and crowned me with a title, ‘Professor M.S.Rao is Born for the Students’ URL: http://professormsrao.blogspot.com.

As a leadership researcher, I do a lot of research on various leadership styles and how leadership can be used for the benefit of global society. I coined a new leadership perspective ‘Soft Leadership’ which is drawing international attention URL: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?articleid=17087126. This new perspective can be applied both to companies and countries to bring prosperity.  During my research I came to know that there is a looming leadership challenge globally due the retirement of Baby Boomers (old people) and the Gen Y (young people) are not geared up with global leadership challenges due to lack of effective leadership development training programs. That means when the experienced aged leaders exit from service there is an alarming leadership vacuum globally as the young inexperienced people are not ready in the leadership pipeline to take up the leadership roles and responsibilities. Although it is a threat globally, I viewed it as an opportunity. I decided to train students as global leaders to enable them to grow with leadership skills and abilities. So far, I have taught and trained more than 25,000 people. I started taking the support of social media to articulate my vision and I regularly post articles and videos URL: http://www.youtube.com/user/profmsr7 in my social media accounts to share my knowledge. Since I belong to Gen X (middle age) I can become the link between the Baby Boomers (old people) and the Gen Y (young people) to bridge this global leadership deficit. I considered my age and experience in military and academia, and above all, my interest in leadership and my passion for students an opportunity to serve students to groom them as global leaders.  Hence, I pray to God to give me health, knowledge, wisdom, strength and lifespan to build one million students as global leaders by 2030.

The interviewer asked me another question whether it is possible for a one man like me to accomplish my vision. I replied that Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr, Mother Teresa and Nelson Mandela started as an individual but they made a huge difference to the society. Remember, one man can make the difference to the world. That is YOU.


“What the future holds for us depends on what we hold for the future.” –William E. Holler



If you like this article, Like and share Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414




Life is great!

Professor M.S.Rao, India
Founder of MSR Leadership Consultants India
Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Vision 2030 Webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBCO-gWmTRk
Twitter: @professormsrao  
21 Success Sutras for Leaders: Top 10 Leadership Books of the Year (San Diego University) Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Leaders-ebook/dp/B00AK98ELI




Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.



Copyright©2015 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is a nonprofit blog to share Professor M.S.Rao’s passion and vision to build one million students as global leaders by 2030. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in.  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.

3 comments:

  1. Nobody knows the kind of hardships you countered to come up to the level of an itnernational leadership guru. Thanks for sharing your humble origins to inspire the world . You are an international inspiring icon to people global citizens. Above all, I appreciate your passion, vision and mission to build one million students as global leaders by 2030. It is an honor to be one of your followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very inspiring post on leadership legacy. thanks for enlightening us about Baby Boomers and Gen Y and above all, about leadership deficit. I appreciate your passion and I proud to be your follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Professor Rao covered lots of relevant feasible aspects in his vision. His vision is possible. His ideas are unique and innovative. He always adds value to the students and society by sharing his knowledge free of charge. He is not only born for students but also for all Indians. I am confident that he will become President of India like Dr. Kalam one day I am proud to be one of his followers. Jai Hind!

    ReplyDelete