- Most colleges don’t have adequate infrastructure. Students don’t have adequate facilities to acquire quality education. Required number of laboratories are not available.
- Most colleges don’t have adequate faculty strength. These notorious colleges engage ghost faculty. That means they hire the faculty at the time of inspection to cheat the visiting inspection officials.
- Most colleges don’t pay salaries as per the norms. They show on record that they pay as per the latest pay commission and follow the norms. They are notorious by crediting the salaries into the accounts of faculty and withdrawing the differential amount forcibly on the same day through self-withdrawal forms signed by the faculty. Any bank official can easily identify these irregularities. Any person with common sense can easily identify how colleges cheat intellectuals by taking their signatures on the withdrawal forms on the day of giving salaries. At times the faculty end up paying more income tax as officially the salary on records is higher than what is received in reality.
- The faculty don’t receive their salaries on time. Most colleges don’t pay salaries to the leaving employees. Worse some colleges don’t give relieving order to the relieved employees. The owners are sadists without any ethical values, and they harass leaving intellectuals by various means. When the leaving faculty challenges them, these fraud managements file wrong cases against such employees.
- The name of the same faculty member appears in other colleges also. Previously, these fraud colleges collected fee reimbursement from government fraudulently by showing fake students.
- These fraud colleges give advertisement to recruit faculty. They get lots of CVs at the time of recruitment and misuse CVs during inspections. At times, these fraudsters take scanned copies of certificates from the prospective applicants before interview and show them during inspections without the knowledge of faculty. Faculty won’t be recruited and the colleges misuse the documents.
- These fraud colleges have close nexus with other fraud colleges. They share faculty members to cheat inspection officials from their affiliated universities. They fool students and officials by listing ghost faculty.
- The college owners are notorious for inviting the influential university officials for ‘guest lectures’ and ‘graduation day’ events and pay handsome remuneration. It is an indirect way of bribing these university officials.
- These fraud colleges openly flout the norms. They are confident that they can bribe officials during inspections. The corrupt officials are not in the mood to redress the grievances made against these colleges by students and faculty.
- The inspecting officials are aware of the irregularities in these colleges. These colleges are noted for offering bribes to visiting inspection officials. Some of the university officials are corrupt, and they hardly take any action.
- These fraud colleges flout labor laws, and the labor officials are aware of them but they don’t take any action since they also receive bribes regularly.
- Some of the colleges are run by so called entrepreneurs with criminal background. Some money lenders, toddy contractors and real estate agents have reinvented as educational entrepreneurs to cheat students, faculty, university officials and government. They have no passion or vision to build quality educational institutions. Their mission is to cheat somehow to make quick money. How can you build Bangaru Telangana with such managements?
- Some of the visiting officials during inspection are very strict and honest. They cancel affiliations to erring colleges. The owners of these private colleges apply political pressure on these university officials based on caste, community or region. When honest university officials cancel affiliations, the notorious owners approach courts and bribe there also.
Monday, 25 July 2016
“An Open Letter to Shri K. Chandrashekar Rao, Chief Minister of Telangana – Close Fraudulent Private Colleges in Telangana to Enhance Quality Education to Students” ― Professor M.S.Rao
Dear Honourable Chief Minister of Telangana,
You must have heard about oil mafia, sand mafia and now you must hear about college mafia who are fraudsters and leeches who suck money from students through dubious means; ill-treat faculty; and cheat the leaving faculty without paying their salaries and filing false cases against them.
While I appreciate your sincere efforts to close down the erring and unethical educational institutions in Telangana, there are still fraudulent colleges that cheat university officials during inspections, cheat students and faculty; and government through false reimbursement claims.
I worked in various private engineering colleges in Hyderabad and found a lot of irregularities and corruption. I regret to bring it to your notice publicly that a college in Hyderabad cheated me by not giving my salary more than three months causing mental agony and hardships to me and my family. I complained to appropriate forums including AICTE Chairman and the Registrar of JNTU Hyderabad. The AICTE Chairman, Prof. Anil D. Sahasrabudhe, and the Registrar of JNTU Hyderabad, Dr. N. Yadaiah are aware of my issue and know my name. In spite of my repeated requests to credit my salary, the college has not credited my salary into my account. I don’t want other intellectuals to undergo agony like me. Hence, I am writing openly some of the irregularities happening in private engineering colleges in Telangana State to bring to your notice so that you can take remedial measures to streamline the education system:
Here are some solutions to these problems. We must have quality educational institutions, not quantity. Cancel affiliations to the fraudulent colleges with a track record of complaints such as not paying salaries to the leaving employees and collecting extra fee from students indirectly through dubious means. Create a grievance cell where faculty and students can complain irregularities anonymously. Ensure that every college has adequate number of faculty as per the prescribed norms, laboratories and infrastructure to run courses successfully. Make biometric attendance system for faculties, students and employees compulsory. Check the bank records of each college whether the salaries are paid promptly. Check the open irregularities such as taking the differential salary amount from the faculty forcibly on the day of crediting the salary. Involve income tax authorities to check these irregularities.
It is time you checked these unethical businessmen masquerading as educationists. Remember, if corruption enters into educational institutions and armed forces, the country will collapse.
Educational institutions are the temples of learning. The onus lies with you to maintain sanctity by weeding out fraudsters and criminals. Only then you will be able to ensure quality education and shell out students with ethical values.
I request you to build a strong educational system where intellectuals are comfortable with pay and perks to share their knowledge, and students are confident of acquiring knowledge to grow as healthy citizens. Jai Hind!
Note: I authored a book sharing my bitter experiences with the colleges I worked in Hyderabad. The book is yet to go for print, and is tentatively titled as “Sharing in Success! A Guide to Acquire Insights on Academic, Career, Leadership and Entrepreneurial Success.” URL: http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in/2016/07/free-chapter-professor-msraos-book_6.html
If you like this article, Like and share Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414
Read my ‘Vision 2030 One Million Global Leaders’ URL: http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in/2014/12/professor-m-s-raos-vision-2030-one_31.html
Life is great!
Professor M.S.Rao, India
Founder of MSR Leadership Consultants India
Recipient of 10th International Prestigious Sardar Patel Award―2015
Vision 2030: http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+ProfessorMSRao
Global Top Gurus 30: http://www.globalgurus.org/leadership/upcoming.php
21 Success Sutras for CEOs: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Ceos-Rao/dp/162865290X
Thanks for reading!
Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.
Copyright©2016 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
This is a nonprofit blog to share Professor M.S.Rao’s passion and vision to build one million students as global leaders by 2030. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in. This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.
“Encourage Student Forums in Educational Institutions to Ensure Democratization of Indian Education System”– Professor M.S.Rao“We must do all that we can, to give our children the best in education and social upbringing - for while they are th...
Dear global leaders, Wish You Happy New Year! I have a lifetime goal to build one million students as global lea...
Professor M.S.Rao’s Profile — International Management Guru, Keynote Speaker, C-Suite Advisor & Author of 45 Leadership BooksProfessor M.S. Rao, Ph.D. is an international leadership guru and an internationally acclaimed executive coach...