- Be dedicated in your area of interest. Some celebrities take success for granted and lose their focus and dedication. For some celebrities, success goes to their heads. In fact, achieving success is hard and retaining your success is harder. Hence, you must be dedicated in your area and add value consistently.
- Emphasize growth mindset, not fixed mindset. Fixed mindset does ordinary activities while the growth mindset does extraordinary activities. Fixed mindset revolves in comfort zone while growth mindset revolves in an effective zone with agility and vitality. Fixed mindset emphasizes issues and individuals while the growth mindset explores ideas.
- Be a lifelong learner. Reinvent regularly. What worked in the past may not work now and what worked now may not work in the future. Hence, observe new trends and adopt new technologies to stay relevant, competent and successful. Remember to learn, unlearn and relearn.
- Don’t bother for setbacks and failures. Life is full of peaks and valleys. All human beings have their own share of failures and setbacks for some period in life. Hence, keep adding value to your area and profession irrespective of the outcomes.
- Be emotionally intelligent. Get along with all people without hurting them. Take criticism in your stride. Learn lessons from your failures. When your time is bad, lie low for a while to bounce back with a bang. Remember, every dark cloud has a silver lining.
- Don’t indulge in personal attacks to kick up controversies because controversies give a temporary fame but end with a permanent shame.
- Work for satisfaction, not for recognition. When you work for recognition, you lose your momentum and motivation because you don’t get recognition for all the activities that you do. It may lead to self-doubt thus losing your self-confidence. Hence, work with focus and dedication emphasizing excellence.
- Participate in philanthropic activities. Add value to the society. Money comes and goes. Popularity is a passing cloud. Life is great when you truly add value to others. When you look at India’s megastar, Chiranjeevi, he adds value to society through philanthropic activities through ‘Chiranjeevi Blood Bank’.
Note: It has been adapted from my book “School Leadership: Faculty First, Students Second, And Institutions Third” URL: https://www.amazon.in/School-Leadership-Faculty-Students-Institutions/dp/9387799093 Dedicated this book to Chiranjeevi who wrote foreword for this book.