- Accept the fact that you are blessed with an immense potential.
- Find out your passions. Examine what truly excites you and keeps you up in the night. It helps you identify your talents and inspires you to work hard and smart relentlessly.
- Build skills and abilities around your talents. Have a laser-focus approach and contribute your best consistently. Don’t get deviated by external disturbances. If you work hard consistently in your domain for 10,000 hours, you will become a successful professional. Over a period of time, you be regarded as a leader in your domain.
- Build your leadership brand in your domain regularly brick by brick by sharing your expertise, knowledge, skills and abilities with others through various means including conferences, training programs, forums, books and social media.
- Protect your leadership brand and ensure longevity by reinventing your leadership brand with changing times and technologies. It helps you stay relevant during your lifetime.
- Build next generation leaders who will carry forward your vision, principles, philosophies and expertise to next generation. It helps your ideas and insights reach out to next generation and beyond your lifetime. In this way, you can leave leadership legacy beyond your lifetime.
Monday, 19 January 2015
Groom Leaders around You to Leave Your Leadership Legacy – Professor M.S.Rao
“If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” - Benjamin Franklin
There are many people born and dead everyday in this world without unlocking their potential. In fact, all of you are gifted you with an immense potential but you don’t know how to realize and unlock it. If you realize your hidden potential, you will touch your tipping point quickly. You can grow personally, professionally and socially and provide meaning to your life. People around you applaud your achievements and contribution. Here is a blueprint where you can unlock your potential to grow as a leader, build your leadership brand and leave your leadership legacy.
Be a visionary. Maintain impeccable integrity. Walk your talk. Spread fame in successes and take blame during failures. Be an altruist. Help people around you. Make a difference in the lives of others. Articulate your vision. Emphasize on means, not ends. Utilize your strengths to build the strengths of the people around you. Groom them as leaders to leave your leadership legacy.
“The only thing you take with you when you’re gone is what you leave behind.” - John Allston
If you like this article, Like and share Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414
Read my ‘Vision 2030 One Million Global Leaders’ URL: http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in/2014/12/professor-m-s-raos-vision-2030-one_31.html
Life is great!
Professor M.S.Rao, India
Founder of MSR Leadership Consultants India
Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Vision 2030: http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in
Vision 2030 Webinar:
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+ProfessorMSRao
Global Top Gurus 30: http://www.globalgurus.org/leadership/upcoming.php
21 Success Sutras for Leaders: Top 10 Leadership Books of the Year (San Diego University) Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Leaders-ebook/dp/B00AK98ELI
Thanks for reading!
Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.
Copyright©2015 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
This is a nonprofit blog to share Professor M.S.Rao’s passion and vision to build one million students as global leaders by 2030. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in. This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.